Britz Campervan Hire in Cairns
Britz Australia have operated in Cairns for a number of years and offer one of the most comprehensive selections of rental vehicles available in the far North. Not only do they provide top-of-the-range motorhomes and a wide range of campers from budget to luxurious campervans but also 4 wheel drive hire for those looking to get off the beaten track. With expert local advice, years of experience and customer service second to none, Britz will cater for all your road holiday needs in Far North Queensland and offer a perfect starting point in Cairns.
The main centre of Far North Queensland, Cairns offers a buzzing city atmosphere surrounded by tropical rainforests in the Daintree, the Atherton Tableland and of course the Great Barrier Reef. This small city is packed full of options including black-marlin fishing, reef cruises from Trinity Wharf, Tropical Botanic Gardens, museums, rainforest walks and even a Skyrail Rainforest cableway in nearby Kuranda.
The Britz Cairns branch is located on the Bruce Highway, mid-way between Cairns itself and the airport, roughly 4km either way.
- Address: 411 Sheridan Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870
- Airport Distance: 4km
- City Distance: 4.5km
- Pick up/Drop off: Must be made by 3.30pm
Directions from Cairns Airport
Britz branch map in Cairns
- Exit Cairns International Airport via Airport Drive and turn left onto Captain Cook Highway
- Continue along Captain Cook Highway for 3km where it becomes Sheridan Street
- Total travel time is less than 7 minutes and a distance of 4 kms
Local Holiday Parks
All Britz customers receive discounts at all Big 4 holiday parks on powered campervan sites.
- BIG 4 - Coconut Caravan Resort cnr Bruce Highway and Anderson Rd Woree, Queensland (07 4054 6644) 8.5km south west
- BIG 4 - Crystal Cascades Holiday Park Intake Road, Redlynch, Cairns, Queensland 4870 (07 4039 1036) 14km west
Need to stock up before you trip? Both of these supermarkets are less than a kilometre from the Cairns Britz branch and accept all major credit cards. If your trip includes travel in the Outback and Country Australia it is strongly recommended to be fully provisioned before you leave. The cost of some every day items does rise when shopping in the more remote parts of Australia.
- Coles - McLeod and Spencer Streets, Cairns, Queensland (0.5km)
- Woolworths - 103 Abbott Street, Cairns, Queensland (0.5km)
- National Australia Bank - McLeod and Spencer Streets, Cairns, Queensland (0.5km)
- Westpac - 63-65 Lake Street, Cairns, Queensland (0.4km)
Fuel prices in Australia do fluctuate depending up location, especially in the country. You will notice that prices change during the week and around popular holiday time such as Christmas and the Easter break.
Expect to pay more for fuel in remote locations. If you plan to travel in remote areas it is advisable to keep you fuel tanks topped up as frequently as is possible (the same principle applies to water supplies as well especially in remote areas).
- BP - L K Motors, Spence & Buchan Streets, Cairns Queensland (0.2km)
- Shell - Coles Express, Kenny and Draper Streets, Cairns Queensland (0.8km)