Hiring a car at Miami International Airport
Over 40 million passengers pass through almost 400,000 flights each year at Miami International Airport, so you know that you'll be landing in a popular facility just bursting with excellent amenities. What's more, it's just a 15-minute drive down FL-836 E to downtown Miami, so hiring a car at Miami Airport makes perfect sense and is the best way to explore Southern Florida.
As with many North American airports, Miami has a dedicated car rental centre, known as the Miami International Airport Car Rental Center (RCC). This is best reached via the recently opened MIA Mover, a 1.25 mile automated people-mover that connects Miami Airport’s 3 terminals with Central Station and the RCC making the entire pick up and drop off process a breeze.
Given the popularity of Florida as a destination it’s little surprise that Miami Airport is such a busy car rental hub. Indeed the airport is home to over 6500 vehicles making it one of the busiest rental destinations in the world.
DriveNow helps eliminate the stress out organising car hire on arrival by allowing travellers to compare the best deals on car hire at Miami Airport from world-renowned and trusted global brands and all from the comfort of your computer, tablet or even mobile phone.
These rental partners include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt and our long term relationship with each ensures we are able to publish the best pricing available for Miami Airport car rentals to allow you to lock in a great deal before you leave home.
Why use DriveNow to hire a car at Miami International Airport?
- Price- By booking your rental car with DriveNow, not only will you save yourself a good deal of dollars, you'll also cut out the hassle of trying to organise something at the airport too. When you visit the DriveNow website, simply enter in how long you'd like to hire a vehicle for, and take a look at what's on offer. Our Miami car rental prices are among the best anywhere - and that's a promise.
- Quick and convenient - DriveNow’s booking system automatically searches the databases of our partners in car hire at Miami airport to bring you the best value-for-money rental deals. We'll display them simultaneously on one screen, leaving you the fun part - choosing your ride to explore the wilds of Miami and Florida beyond!
- Peace of mind - For over a decade DriveNow has been comparing car hire pricing around world through established relationships with globally recognised rental brands as well as partnering with local and regional specialists.
- No Fees - Who likes Fees? At DriveNow we charge no booking, administration or amendment fees.
- Help at hand - Whether your preference is via email, online chat or over the phone our Reservations team are there to assist with your car rental booking for Miami Airport or wherever your travels take you.
What to do in Miami
It doesn't matter what you're into - if you're venturing to the fine city of Miami, you'll be sure to find it here. From the shimmering sands of South Beach, to the decadent downtown area that just hums with vibrant life, Miami is a city made immortal in film, music and literature - and with good reason. With more going on than you could shake a Floridan alligator at, Miami is a perfect destination for both pleasure and business - and the best way to get around the sunshine state is by rental car.
There's only one place to start in Miami, especially if it's summer, and that's South Beach. Golden sands, blue skies and towering surf waves all combine to create one of the most famous beaches on the planet.
With your tan all topped up, head towards Little Havana. This little slice of Cuba is full of everything you'd expect from the migrants who made it their home way back when - authentic restaurants, shops, Latin music and some of the finest cigars money can buy.
Head out to the West Keys if the opportunity arises - it's a real slice of Americana that cannot be replicated anywhere else - deep in the heart of the Everglades.
A visit to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is just a little over 3 hours’ drive north of Miami via Florida’s Turnpike and I-95. And for Disney lovers Disney World is slightly further north-west at 3.5 hours up the same Florida Turnpike.