Book Cardiff Airport Car hire with DriveNow and compare the latest and lowest pricing from the UK's leading rental companies.
Searching the web for the latest deals on car rental at Cardiff Airport or elsewhere in Wales and the UK can be time consuming at the best of times, so let DriveNow help you save time, effort and money.
Working with the UK's trusted and recognised rental companies including SIXT, Avis, Hertz, Budget and Europcar, DriveNow brings the cheapest
Cardiff Airport car hire pricing onto the one website.
There are no booking or admin fees and no need to provide credit card details
when making your booking. Simply book your car and pay when you pick it up. Best of all, by booking in advance not only do you have the peace of mind of a confirmed booking
you will also secure a cheaper rate than leaving it to the last minute.
The airport is located near Rhoose in the Vale of Glamorgan, 12 miles west of Cardiff itself and 10 miles from junction 22 on the M4.
Why choose DriveNow to book your car hire in Cardiff Airport?
- Price - We check for the cheapest available rental rates
- No Fees - There are no booking, admin or other agency fees
- Trusted Suppliers - We only work with leading UK Car Hire companies
- No Credit Card Details Required when making a booking
- Simplicity - Search and compare with instant rate comparisons
- Immediate Booking confirmation
- Drive-away Prices including all taxes and levies (excludes drivers under 25 surcharge)
- Trust and Experience - DriveNow has been comparing car hire since 2003
DriveNow searches Cardiff Airport rental car rates from the UK's leading rental
companies so you can find the best great deal.
How old do I need to be to hire a car at Cardiff airport?
In Wales and the UK, you need to be at least 21 to hire a car, but be aware that most
car rental companies will only rent cars to those over age 25.
Those who fall in the age bracket of 21-25 may be required to pay a surcharge,
which can vary depending on which car rental company you decide to go with. This age group may face a limit on the type and size of car they can hire and may need to stick to smaller vehicle choices.
Can I hire an automatic car?
Most UK car rentals are manual transmission, but you can hire an automatic.
These tend to be slightly more expensive to rent.
What rules do I need to be aware of when driving in the UK?
You will need to keep left on the roads and remember that speed is measured
in miles, while petrol and diesel are dispensed in litres.
The speed limits are the same across Wales, England, Northern Ireland and Scotland making it easy for you to get around the UK.
On motorways, the speed limit is 70mph, on major highways it is 60mph and in
other urban traffic it is 30mph.
What optional extras can I get when renting my car?
- Child Seats - Children under 12 or less than 135cm tall must use a child booster seat.
Book your booster seats when making your car rental booking as branches have
limited numbers and can run out during peak periods.
- Sat-Nav - handy for travelling in unfamiliar territory GPS satellite navigation guidance systems
can be rented - charged on a daily rate.
- Insurance Excess reduction - all rental vehicles come with basic insurance
cover. You can reduce your liability in the event of an accident by paying a
daily excess reduction fee. This varies between suppliers, a guide would be £12-£28 depending upon vehicle
size. If you are visiting the UK and have travel insurance check the policy as
many include car hire excess reductions which can be a great saving.